Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Lab


I have never been one for tidiness and have never been accused of being organized. I don't like to think of myself as lazy although it certainly looks that way when you see how I live. Its just that I feel my time can be used for more productive things than the cleaning and sorting of stuff and I hate doing that even though I know I spend countless hours looking for something that I just had in my hand. Then I get very frustrated with me about the mess. So I set out to clean it up but it never works out.

"Nice Lab" he said as a friends son came in asking for some information. I had to laugh because that particular description had not occurred to me but he had none-the-less described it perfectly. What was funnier still, was the look on this youth's face when I replied "well it wasn't supposed to be that exactly - I live here." The dumbfounded shocked look said it all and then I seen it for myself, again, but for the first time as the Lab, and then again, one more time as my home. I still laugh even as i right this and its still just as bad.

Great another project I thought today as again I finally got underway. I hate doing this because - well it never gets done. Oh I start out well, then I find something I had misplaced or I see something that needs attention or I need another shelf, box, hook or nail and during the process I find something that I had misplaced, that needs attention or... and on it goes. The next thing I know, its been six hours and I just moved one pile from point A to point B and while point C looks neater, all that stuff that was put into that 'temporary' bag or box to make C cleaner will be forgotten by the next day and I have so many temporary boxes and bags with missing bits and pieces that I have a shop too full to use and its near the top. And now I'm hungry and I have to stop. I must stop to find my pot. I put my pot on top of that box but now that box is not where it should be and I have to find - where could it be...

I know it needs to be done but every time I attempt to do so, I end up making it worse and then I find something new to start and everything else gets put on hold until I get yet another 'round-to it' or someone needs a something or... and on it goes, where or when it stops only the wise or the dead really know.

Such is life in the Lab.

Keep smiling - you could be here.

Check out our main site at http://members.shaw.ca/rgwhyte/index.html However, the old zeek.ca address still works with a redirect.

No comments: